Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Consistent Persistence




“Man’s biggest problem is what to do with things he can do nothing about” 


I know that Persistence and Consistence are virtually the same words, but I titled it that way to emphasise it's importance! 
Often human beings, in their endeavour to find peace and joy come against inevitable quandaries that stop their progress.  There are external factors that influence our lives that are far beyond our control in any way.  We do not know what will happen next, whether it will change the whole complexion of our attitudes and knowledge.  Very often, these quandaries temper with our faith.  We have a distorted view of who God is when we encounter problems, forgetting the promises of the diligent and persistence in his word.

According to the law of gravity, as scientists call it, what goes up must come down.  When we loose those closest o our hearts, we are told hurtful words, we are not given opportunities by those in power, when we are unfairly treated, when the one you love just leaves you. We cannot control these things as we cannot control what human beings will do to us. 

The unfortunate part is that people do not know where to find refuge when these things happen to them.  We end up giving in to sensual pleasures and impulsive behaviours which have life threatening consequences. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1. 

We need to start being persistent, pain is followed by joy!   We should hold on long enough with the sure knowledge that a loving God is with us at all times and he has taken away all of our burdens and given us a mild yoke.  In the midst of all the things you are going through at this present moment, things you are going to encounter in your life, God wants to give you rest. He wants to give you tranquillity in the midst of fear and pain. A peaceful heart; resting in the knowledge of a God who is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

I bumped into a scripture which blew my mind: “Just think of Him who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds.” Hebrews 12:3 Amplified version. Is what Jesus did on the cross so powerful that at just the thought of it, we realize that we cannot give up? If you were to think deeper about the struggle that Jesus Christ had to go through just for you.  Just like you, there was no other way to save us, he had to do it.  It was inevitable to ignore, we needed a saviour and Jesus was the only one who could do that and he had to go through that gruesome experience for us.  Think of that: Are your trials as big as that which He encountered?  Do you think what Jesus did was worthless?

I can attest that what Jesus did on the cross of Calvary has freed me from all pains and given me peace that surpasses all knowledge.  I do not know how he does it, but he certainly did give me peace and joy because I can feel it.  I now know that my trials and tribulations are nothing compared to the spear that went through His side, therefore; I tenaciously hold on to my King who is the pathway of peace!!  I realized today why God made it impossible for us to go back and change our past.  The answer is simple: it will take us more time to go back and solve our mistakes than to change our lives and live better lives for our future.



“He is no fool who gives away what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot loose” Jim Elliot.


Give away your burdens to God because you can’t handle them; exchange them for peace with God.  (Matthew 11:28)


1 comment:

  1. Now I know that he is my refuge...thanks my frieng I shall continue reading, and definately let others know about your blog...you gave me something to think about...

    ReplyDelete